Ingredients & Candle Making Processes
At North Ave Candles, we believe the best candles are made using old fashioned ingredients with modern processes.
We are committed to offering handmade and artisanal products where every step -- from hand blending fragrances, to pouring, labeling, boxing, and packing -- is done with passion and commitment to quality.
All of our candles are painstakingly and lovingly handcrafted -- from start to finish, your candles have been touched by our hands over a dozen times.
We use the best ingredients available:
- premium coconut-soy wax blend
- braid cotton wicks
- recycled and recyclable glass jars
All of our ingredients are ethically sourced, vegan, and eco-friendly.
Our scented oils are cosmetic grade and free of phthalates and parabens.
- All scents have been extensively tested to offer true-to-life, realistic fragrances that are never soapy, cloying, or artificial smelling.
- With almost 100 scent options to choose from- floral to spicy and everything in between, we offer scented candles to match every preference, mood and occasion.
Our labels feature original art designed completely in-house -- in our signature maximalist aesthetic with colorful details and whimsical touches.
We believe candles should be fun! Of course, the main purpose of a candle is to scent your room and provide glow and ambiance; but we also think they can be a compliment to your decor, as a piece of functional art that serves as that perfectly unique finishing touch to your bookshelf, desk, bedside table and everywhere in between.
When you open a shipment from North Ave Candles, you will see we put as much thought and effort getting your candles to you safely as we do pouring them.
- recycled cardboard boxes for shipping,
- corn-based biodegradable packing peanuts, or
- reuse packing material from incoming supply orders whenever possible.
During unboxing you will see how we “package to delight” with stickers and cute washi tapes securing lovingly hand-packed products.
These small touches serve to remind you that these goods are coming from a small business who is delighted to send them to you.